Something Greek "GreekLife" Scholarship!
Being part of a sorority or fraternity can provide you with unforgettable memories and friendships that will last a lifetime! It can also provide you with lifetime skills that can come in handy in your future job! Here at Something Greek, we understand the importance of a college education and we know the pressures that a higher education can put on a college student, especially someone heavily involved in Greek life. We are proud to announce that we are rewarding one $1,500 scholarship for education related expenses! Get ready to blog, because earning this scholarship is going to be a lot of fun!
The scholarship eligibility requirements include:
- Be a U.S. citizen and an active sorority or fraternity member.
- Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program at an accredited US college or university.
- Be in excellent academic standing with a 3.0 grade point average or higher at the time of application.
- Be actively involved with philanthropy/volunteer activities with your organization
Deadline - All essays are to be submitted by October 31, 2018.
How to Apply:
- Write a 500-700 word blog post on any of the topics below and post it to at least one blog site.
- The blog site can be either your personal blog or your fraternity or sorority chapter’s blog site.
- Let us know your favorite Something Greek products by linking to them within the blog post. Hyperlinks must be attached to relevant words in your blog post, a URL without text will not be accepted. Example: “When I left for college and joined a sorority, my family put together a sorority clothing package with year-round essentials such as…” Sorority Clothing Package is hyperlinked to the corresponding page on Something Greek’s site.
- Your writing may be casual in voice, but we ask that your content be free of profanity or highly controversial topics as we may publish your work.
- What do you believe is the importance of vintage Greek apparel?
- What are some things to consider when choosing a gift for your big or little?
- What are some ways you show your Greek pride?
- What does it mean to be a part of Greek life in 2018?
- What Greek involvement do you have during the Summer?
- What sports does your Group participate in and what are your favorite jersey styles?
- How do you make your Greek formal awesome?
- What are some Greek wardrobe essentials at your school?
- What are some tips for Greek decorating in your dorm room?
- How did you pick your big or little?
- How has Greek life helped you towards achieving personal or career goals?
- What are the best reasons to join a Sorority or Fraternity?
- What makes your chapter’s fundraising events unique?
- How has Something Greek enhanced your Greek life experience?
- Submissions can be sent either by email in PDF or Word document or by mail.
- Include links to where your blog post has been published.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Scholarship c/o Something Greek 180 Hempstead Turnpike, West Hempstead, NY 11552
- Include a statement of your current academic status, including evidence that you are currently attending a college as set forth under our eligibility requirements. You can submit your most current undergraduate or graduate transcript as evidence. By applying for this scholarship, you give us consent to confirm your admission and attendance by contacting the college or university.
The scholarship will go to any expenses for the 2018 Fall semester. We look forward to reading all of your submissions! Good luck to all the participants!
- Essays will be reviewed by Something Greek, its agents and/or representatives. Something Greek awards scholarships at its sole discretion. All decisions are final.
- Something Greek does not discriminate in any of its policies, procedures, or practices on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, handicap, veteran status, or medical condition.